Here is a look at Daniel Rowlands who is standing as a Welsh Conservatives candidate in Newtown North in the upcoming 2022 local elections.
During the 2022 local elections, I am asking the same three questions to every candidate in order to inform your decision making on the 5th May 2022. The answers to the questions are not edited and are a direct copy of the replies given.
1.What made you stand to be a county councillor?
I decided to stand to be a County Councillor to help make a difference and shape the future of the community in which we live in. I want to ensure that I represent the views of local people and make sure Newtown North gets the right services it needs for people to thrive and do well. I enjoy living in Newtown and I want to see our local area a great place to live, work and play.
2. What are your top 3 priorities if elected?
- Continuing to fight for high quality services which offer value for money for our area
- Listening to residents and raising issues with the council on their behalf
- Campaigning for better Health and Social Care Services
- Reducing County Council waste and bureaucracy by focusing on services that matter most
3. Why should the voters in Newtown North elect you?
Voters in Newtown should vote for me for a number of reasons. It has been a privilege to serve Newtown North over the past five years and I am passionate about the area in which I live. I believe Powys residents should start well, live well and age well. I live in Newtown with my wife Lucy and five children. I am committed to the role and willing to work hard to make a difference to those I represent. I will continue to listen to residents and raise issues on their behalf for example I understand the importance of accessing good quality healthcare as I am a paediatric nurse working within the NHS.