Here is a look at Kelly Healy who is standing as a Welsh Liberal Democrats candidate in Newtown Central and South in the upcoming 2022 local elections.
During the 2022 local elections, I am asking the same three questions to every candidate in order to inform your decision making on the 5th May 2022. The answers to the questions are not edited and are a direct copy of the replies given.
1.What made you stand to be a county councillor?
I ran Kellys Kat Rescue for 6 years and did a lot of work on local estates especially Newtown South and Central, during this time I saw that there were far more issues that needed to be addressed. I was able to help with some issues and point people in the right direction to get things resolved.
2. What are your top 3 priorities if elected?
- Working with the local residents to keep the areas clean, tidy and safe with regular litter picks and regular walk around checks in the areas.
- Speaking to the local children and young adults to find out what activities they would like In the area and work with Open Newtown to bring this together.
- To improve services including health services for the residents of South and Central
3. Why should the voters in Newtown Central and South elect you?
I am hard working, this has been shown through the voluntary work I have done for many years. I like working in the community. Alongside my colleague David Selby I will run regular surgeries and update residents with a regular news letter, surveys and using a Facebook information page.