Nearly 1500 voters won't have their chance to have their say in Newtown East
9 months ago
New research from ERS Cymru reveals that 10,394 voters across Powys won't have their say as their councillors have been elected unopposed, including 1,499 voters in Newtown East.
Voters in parts of Powys will be denied their chance to vote for their county councillors after 7 wards were uncontested.
In Newtown, the ward of Newtown East was uncontested with Cllr Joy Jones being elected automatically for the second election in a row.
Data from the Local Democracy and Boundary Commission for Wales predicted that 1,499 voters would have been a vote in Newtown East at the date of election.
The full list for Powys is below:
- Glantwymyn - Elwyn Vaughan - estimated 1,560 voters
- Hay - Gareth Ratcliffe - estimated 1,206 voters
- Llandinam with Dolfor - Karl Lewis - estimated 1,279 voters
- Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant / Llansilin - Aled Davies - estimated 1,785 voters
- Llansantffriad - Gwynfor Thomas - estimated 1,530 voters
- Newtown East - Joy Jones - estimated 1,499 voters
- Welshpool Llanerchyddol - estimated 1,535 voters
Related or similar stories based on this one